St. Severus Church

The romanesque church of St. Severus, Basilika Minor, with its two towers was built in the 12th /13th centuries over the Roman baths. The church has a rich architectural construction and very decorative frescoes. Of special interest are the Triumph Cross (13th century), early Christian gravestones and baptismal font (6th century).

Located: Boppard Center, Marketsquare
Openingtimes:
10.00 a.m. - 6.00 p.m.


Informations:
Parish office St. Severus,
Rheinallee 44,
Phone 0049-6742-2315,
Fax: 06742/2057

Link to the Catholic rectory

 

St. Severus Church


The Carmelite Church

The Carmelite Church is Gothic and was built in the 14th century. It has a wealth of treasures, including gravestones and the choir stalls (15th century). That the Carmelite monks honoured Our Lady can be seen in the many illustrations of Mary e.g. the Grape Madonna (outside the church), the Madonna in the Rosary and the Pieta. The former Carmelite monastery is now the Town Hall, but due to extensive restoration works closed for a minimum of 18 month.

Located: Boppard Center, Karmeliterstraße
Openingtimes:
10.00 a.m. - 6.00 p.m.


Informations:
Parish office St. Severus,
Rheinallee 44,
Phone 0049-6742-2315,
Fax: 06742/2057

Link to the Catholic rectory

 

Carmelite Church


The Church of Christ

The Prussian King Friedrich Wilhelm IV attended the inauguration of the Church of Christ in 1852. Inside the dome-like vaults are carried by slender pillars. The south wing of the vestibule had to be turned by a complete right angle to make way for the reconstruction of the B9.

Informations:
Evangelical Parish
Pastorsgasse 9d

56154 Boppard

Contact: 0049 (0)6742 2343

 

The Church of Christ


The Baroque Church
St. Pankratius

St. Pankratius, with its wonderful baroque architecture, stands in the middle of a cemetary entirely surrounded by a wall in Herschwiesen. The portrayal of the Black Madonna from Windhausen (Hunsrück) brings many pilgrims to the church.

Location: Boppard-Herschwiesen, Pankratiusring

Herr Roos, Tel. 06745 / 877

 

St. Pankratius Church


The Provestry in Hirzenach

The church, the manse and the provestry garden make one ensemble. The roots of the Bartholomäus Church go back as far as the early 12th century (early Gothic choir from 1250). The mighty manse (formally priory/18th century) towers above the listed Baroque garden.

Location: Boppard-Hirzenach.
Information: Association Provestry Garden Hirzenach e.V.,
c/o Michael Koelges, 
Rheinstraße 58,
56154 Boppard-Hirzenach, propsteigarten@rz-online.de

 

The Provestry in Hirzenach


Protestant Church Holzfeld

On a small hill in the centre of the little town Holzfeld stands the protestant church. The structureless exterior and square west tower give the church a defiant appearance. In the interior you will find a very old batismal font made of basalt lava.

Location: Boppard-Hirzenach
Information: Provestry Garden Society Hirzenach e.V.,
c/o Michael Koelges, 
Rheinstraße 58,
56154 Boppard-Hirzenach, propsteigarten@rz-online.de

 

Prostestant Church in Holzfeld

Facebook
Instagram
Anreise planen
Stadtplan
Service